May 04, 2008

Made of Honor

This Friday I saw the movie Made of Honor. It was a typical chick flick. Two great guys the girl has to decide between. The man that she is engaged to is Scottish. As they as getting ready for the wedding day there were many different tradtitions they went through the weekend before the wedding. One of them I found very interesting. The men had to go through a bunch of different strength tests. Who ever won the tests...won the girl. It seems like fun and games but that kind of stuff really does happen. Another thing I find funny is that it is always the man doing the work. It's the typical I'm a strong man...you're a weak woman...you need someone to help you and I'm strong. There were some other things in the movie I found interesting and had some gender connections to it.

1 comment:

frosticles said...

Sounds like a fun movie. Here's a thought though... is it really that men are the only 'strong' ones and women are 'weak' or is it possible that both genders have strength and it's just portrayed in different ways? Maybe different types of strength?